Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WiFi is here, praise the Lord!

Ok, so I stole some Wifi and I don't know where it's coming from so I'm taking full advantage while I can. The trip has been amazing. Our students are showing some serious fruit and I'm completely blown away. Not that I didn't think they weren't capable, but it has been such a huge blessing to see our students being humble and loving towards one another, and bold and passionate for the spreading of the Gospel. I will share a short personal testimony that came out from today's experiences.

As our group was handing out water downtown, we encountered a gentleman that wanted to keep walking and talking with us. I decided to stay back and talk with him. This allowed an opportunity for our students to take the lead and start doing the work! It's so hard as adults and leaders sometimes to just start doing the work rather than letting the students take charge and do it. God said, "Not this time." I spent the whole two hours talking with this man (Artese Johnson is his name) and every now and then I would look up and catch a glance of our students praying with individuals, laying hands on them and giving them water while also giving them Christ-centered encouragement. Alex Hines shared tonight that he prayed this morning for boldness to pray out loud for people. God answered his prayer and he was able to pray for numerous individuals out on the street. All our other students did the same thing and I am so proud of them. I know they can do hard things and I got to witness that today. Praise God.

I'll keep sending out little updates here and there and if I manage to steal any more wifi, I'll do a bigger update. I'll have pics online when we return home. This community has become very responsive to our presence and we've seen God's providence in many ways over this week. Keep praying for passion, humility, and open hearts for God's message of salvation. Take care and have a great day in the Lord!

Coleman

No comments: